CAMWorks Virtual Machine uses the latest technology to perform true G-code machine simulation directly from the G-code used for the CNC machine. We are the first CAM software to bring true G-code machine simulation directly integrated within the CNC programming environment. Unlike other CAM systems that use cutter location (CL) data for machine simulation, CAMWorks Virtual Machine uses the actual G-code to ensure precision and accuracy.
Some of the most important features of CAMWorks Virtual Machine:
- Cutting Edge Technology: CAMWorks Virtual Machine uses the latest technology to perform true G-code machine simulation directly from the G-code used for the CNC machine. Unlike other CAM systems that use cutter location (CL) data for machine simulation, CAMWorks Virtual Machine uses the actual G-code to insure precision and accuracy.
- Full Collision Detection and Avoidance technology provides the ability to thoroughly check G-code programs for accuracy and avoid costly machine collisions, and programming errors to reduce scrap and improve quality. CAMWorks Virtual Machine will help you to make a good part the first time and every time!
- Multi-Tasking and Mill-Turn Support: CAMWorks Virtual Machine also includes full support for complex multi-tasking and mill-turn machines including 4 axis dual turret, dual spindle lathes as well as multi axis mill-turn machines with upper milling heads, lower turrets and sub-spindles.
- Synchronized Simultaneous Machining with multiple channels using timing codes is also fully supported. Use CAMWorks Sync Manager to synchronize your operations and then simulate them directly from the G-code!
- Seamless Integration with CAMWorks means with CAMWorks Virtual Machine the setup time required to use third party verification packages is eliminated and true G-code verification happens seamlessly.
- Reduce Shop Floor Setup Time: With CAMWorks Virtual Machine dry-runs for program validations are eliminated and set-up time is dramatically reduced. Once the program has been simulated directly from the G-code, they are ready to run on the machine.
- Interactive G-code Editor provides the user with the ability to edit the G-code and replay the simulation to insure the error has been corrected and a quality part will be accurately machined.
- Multiple Views and Windows can be used to view the machine, stock, fixtures, and tooling from various angles while processing the G-code to assist in program prove-out and optimization.
- Multiple Turrets and Sub-Spindles on mill-turn machines are supported as well as synchronized machining using timing codes directly from the G-code programs.
- Complete Machine Monitoring Machine components, fixture components, tools, tool holders, stock, and the finished part can all be monitored for interference and the system can stop automatically or report any collision or interference.
- Error Message Window and Reporting makes it easy to find and correct errors in the G-code program. Simply click on the error in the message window and the editor instantly highlights the line in the G-code program that caused the error or collision.
- Custom Machines and Simulation Custom machines for any of the modules can be developed either by your CAMWorks reseller or by Geometric.
- Full Canned Cycle Support Milling and turning canned cycles are fully supported and simulated directly from the actual G-code canned cycles used for CNC machining.
If you have any questions, please use the contact form below.